- Electrical safety. Should it become necessary to carry out further work in addition to any planned work to ensure the continued safe use of the electrical installation, the customer will be advised of any remedial work required. A separate quotation for the extra work would be submitted to the customer and, with the customer’s approval, the work carried out. For reasons of electrical safety, it may be necessary in certain circumstances to suspend work until remedial works have been carried out.
- Making-good etc. Whilst every care will be taken, Assured Electrical Solutions accepts no responsibility for any necessary damage caused to the fabric of the building. Preliminary making-good will be carried out if required including the re-laying of flooring and floor coverings. Professional redecoration and re-laying of special floors or floor coverings is outside the scope of any work undertaken by Assured Electrical Solutions.
- Cleaning and site clearance. The work area will be kept as tidy as is reasonably possible throughout the duration of any work and cleaned at the end of each working day. Any refuse, (rubble, redundant equipment, etc.) will be left in appropriate refuse sacks for disposal by the client unless any prior agreement has been made regarding the disposal of such refuse.
- Basis of charges. The charge shall be based on either:
a – a time and materials basis calculated on current rates and prices set out by Assured Electrical Solutions.
b – a fixed price quotation. Rates and quotations may be agreed verbally or in writing.
- Charging period. Rates are charged in one hour increments with a minimum charge of one hour. Part-hours are chargeable as a full hour’s rate.
- Materials and parts charged. Parts and fittings held in stock by Assured Electrical Solutions shall be charged to the customer at the current selling price. Materials collected from a merchant will be supplied to the customer at the cost price. All materials and parts supplied shall remain the property of Assured Electrical Solutions until full payment has been received for the work carried out.
- Advance payments. Assured Electrical Solutions shall reserve the right to require a deposit to be paid before commencement of work.
- Collection of payment. Full payment shall be due and made available immediately on completion of work.
- Overdue accounts. Assured Electrical Solutions shall reserve the right to employ the services of solicitors and/or debt collection agencies where appropriate to recover unpaid debts. Costs incurred in recovering monies owed will be chargeable to the debtor. Assured Electrical Solutions shall reserve the right to remove any equipment deemed to be the property of Assured Electrical Solutions at any time should payment for work carried out become overdue.
Payment Of Projects Over £1000
- The Client will be required to pay a sum equal to 30% of the Estimate prior to work commencing by debit card (or credit card with a 2.5 % surcharge). Once work has commenced, a sum equal to 30% will be deducted from the supplied card on the agreed date. At the end of the project, an invoice will be raised equal to the final balance plus any additional work and extras. Payment will be taken on your card on the day of completion unless we are advised to the alternative. The Contractor reserves the right to charge an administration fee of £25 for the late payment of any invoice. Late payment means more than 7 days after the date of the invoice. Furthermore, any part of an invoice which remains unpaid shall carry interest at the rate of 4% over the base rate until payment is made.
- There is an administration charge of £25.00 for the late payment of any invoice. Late payment means more than 7 days after the date of the invoice. Interest shall accrue at the rate of 4% above the base rate on any amount overdue from the date payment fell due until the date payment is made in full.
- If, after the Contractor shall have carried out works, the Client is not wholly satisfied with the works, then the Client shall give written notice in writing within 12 months to the Contractor and shall afford the Contractor, and its insurers, the opportunity of both inspecting such works and carrying out any necessary remedial works if appropriate. The Client accepts that if he fails to notify the Contractor as aforesaid then the Contractor shall not be liable in respect of any defects in the works carried out. The guarantee shall be for labour only in respect of faulty workmanship for 12 months from the date of completion with the manufacturer’s warranty in force. The guarantee will become null and void if the work carried out is:(a) Subject to misuse or negligence(b) Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a Contractor employee. The Contractor will accept no liability for, or guarantee, suitability, materials supplied by the Client and will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault.
Acceptance Of Terms And Conditions
- Instruction to commence work. Any instruction given to Assured Electrical Solutions to proceed with work, either in writing or verbally, will be taken as acceptance of the above Terms and Conditions of Business.
Updated: 18th June 2023